Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaSigmaGuy
Forum ProPosts: 12,276Gear list
Like?
Hi all, from new user...
Dec 24, 2012

Hi Folks.  No prizes for guessing that I am a veteran Sigma DSLR user but today I bought a Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR for myself when I was out looking for christmas prezzies to buy, so I can now announce that I am a Fuji guy too. 

My job is now going to involve some international travel so I wanted a very compact camera with as much resolution and zoom as possible, with 1080p full HD video and that is as cheap as possible, that I can carry it with me all the time and take advantage of any picturesque photo oportunities that crop up on my future travels.

After doing some research online and narrowing down a list of suitable cameras I went looking in all the camera stockists in Kingston.

After looking in every possible camera stockist in Kingston we  ended up in John Lewis, the only camera stockist we hadn't yet tried,  and I had a look at several suitable cameras on display but they were all well over my £100 budget...I asked the salesman to show me the cheapest 1080p vid capable compact they had and the rather inept salesman showed me a Nikon Coolpix S, something or other, and told me that it was the cheapest they had that did 1080p HD vids.  It was £120, which was too expensive, so I started to walk away, but then I decided to have another look for myself...Thats when I spotted the F660EXR going for £99.99 in the same display case that the Nikon was in!

I bought it on the spot!!!

It literally has everything I was looking for...Its all singing, all dancing, so to speak.

No samples to show yet as I am still learning how to get the best out of it, but I'm off the Tescos ASAP to get a camera case for it.

DaSigmaGuy's gear list:DaSigmaGuy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +25 more
Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow