osu
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: This forum really makes me mad
In reply to tqlla, Dec 24, 2012

tqlla wrote:

osu wrote:

tqlla wrote:

If you have that order confirmation, go to a different sears and see if they have one in stock. Then try to get them to Price match

osu wrote:

Bought the only one in my area and was all set to pick it up this am. Went through the whole process of paying and got a confirmation code. I get an email first thing that states: Order Cancelled. Sorry.

They won't do that. It's not their policy plus there isn't a store within 500 miles that has one in stock. The flash was never in stock at the store I ordered it from in the first place. Spoke to electronics manager and he said they have never had that part in stock - ever. The Sears CSR from India tried to sell me this POS as a replacement http://www.sears.com/precision-design-dslr300s-high-power-auto-flash-for/p-SPM5084101401?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Horrible customer service. I doubt I'll do business with Sears again.

Not that it matters any more. But there were several stores near me that had it in stock, even though the online system said OOS.

I bought 2, on price matches, with my cancelled online order confirmation

Good for you. Sounds like some other people lucked out as well. However, I'd wager that not many people are gonna bounce around from store to store to get a $49 flash price matched. The point here is that Sears and their supply chain failed on this offer. Accurate inventory makes store hunting irrelevant. Then the customer service reps based in India didn't even bother to make things right. Instead they offer some piece of crap flash (at full retail price) as a consolation prize.

Again, done with Sears.

osu's gear list:osu's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow