Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lsimon
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Snapshooter loves my new RX100!
Dec 23, 2012

I don't really consider my self a photographer as I just take photos to remember what's in front of me rather than really working on the photo setup. Most of my photos are of either family gatherings or photos I take on our trips (mostly cruises).

I've been looking for a nicer P&S camera, and was considering an M4/3 camera both for the larger sensor (for overall IQ and indoor photos w/o flash) and to get rid of the terrible shutter lag I've been suffering with on my prior p&S cameras (small Canon and older Panasonic FZ series). I've missed too many photos of the Grand kids and it gets frustrating taking photos with a long shutter lag. (Canon needs to get its act together on this).

I decided to go for the RX100 as pocketability is very important to me. I'd been waiting for a price drop which never really occurred. Then we decided to take a trip a few weeks back and I bit the bullet and bought the RX100 before the trip.

I really like the camera!

I use mostly the two Auto settings and the scenes but also used the P settings a lot to take advantage of the HDR for some shots. Overall the camera works great for me even though some of the features are a bit beyond my needs. There are so many settings it is difficult to learn them (bought both books but only read them a little) and I found that while some of the multi-exposure settings (low light and/or HDR) worked great most of the time that sometimes they messed up my shots due to subject movement. I need to learn when not to use these and which is best.

I have a gallery on Smugmug with about 50 photos from our just completed Transatlantic Cruise with stops in Europe and the Canary Islands if anyone would like to take a look: CLICK HERE

-- hide signature --

Larry
Our Snapshots are at: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow