Canon commercial encouraging damaging behavior

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
thomasw333
Regular MemberPosts: 435Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon commercial encouraging damaging behavior
In reply to Brent Allen Thale, Dec 23, 2012

Brent Allen Thale wrote:

So I clicked on that Canon "Imagine" commercial that's been running on DPReview lately and I was shocked when I watched the whole thing through. On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-9LuCQXrk

The commercial seems to be encouraging photographers to engage in dangerous and destructive behavior in the quest to get a great picture. I'm surprised that most people seem to see this commercial as humorous, but I don't see anything funny in showing a photographer disturbing a bat colony, causing a panic'ed flight likely resulting in animal deaths, then celebrating the photographer's great bat photo at the end of the commercial!

Similarly, the sequence where a photographer videos a flaming tire rolling down what appears to be a public city street encourages the worst kind of behavior from people likely to try similar stunts.

I don't think the behavior shown in the commercial should be celebrated, I would prefer that we didn't get a few great shots if getting them puts people and animals at risk.

I mostly agree with you, leave animals alone people, messing with them for no reason is bad, I wish some aliens would come to earth and start picking people up and throwing them around and step on the, so people would wake up, if you do not need to hunt to eat, leave the animal alone its just trying to live.

about the wheel though, it is a pretty cool sequence, as long as they put a disclaimer up, I am fine with it.

thomasw333's gear list:thomasw333's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow