ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike703
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,835
Like?
New K-01 + DA21 in the UK's peak district
Dec 23, 2012

Hi all...

My K-01 body came on Thursday (thanks srs microsystems for a great price and fast delivery).  Yesterday it rained all day but today was much better so I took it for a walk to Stanage Edge in the UK peak district with the DA21 Ltd attached - really crisp and beautiful light and clear air.

Obviously handling will take a little getting used to compared to my K7 - I miss the grip, and the screen is difficult to see in full sun.  On the plus side I got on fine without an OVF (as I wear glasses) and the 'slow' AF is just fine (even in low light) after the firmware upgrade.  With a Ltd prime attached it's a lovely little combination, and the IQ/price ratio is amazing.  In many of the pics from this trip with very contrasty lighting I noticed plenty of detail in bright areas that would have been blown out on the K7.

c/c welcome.

Best wishes

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@LesNew
@IanNew
@JimNew
@RonNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow