Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,468Gear list
Like?
My first complaint about the S110
Dec 23, 2012

I've had the S110 for a few days now and I'm still testing/trying it. While I'm very impressed with it overall, I ran into something that bothers me a lot today. I was outside shooting, and the battery meter showed "full." I started shooting some video, and within about a minute the red low battery sign popped up. When I stopped shooting video and went back to regular mode, the battery level showed roughly 2/3rds full. I turned the camera off and on again, and the battery meter showed full again! So, the battery meter is pretty worthless, which mean buying and carrying a spare battery is essential.

I also wonder whether the video mode is a major power drain and will limit video shooting to just a minute or two - which will be a major flaw.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow