Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Re: Bug in 5D3 soft ?
In reply to jan pawlak, Dec 23, 2012

jan pawlak wrote:

I have soft wersion 1.1.3

On AEB sequence (+2, 0, -2), in first shutter button halfway, exsposure level indykator at LCD see +2 but in Viewfinder -2.

Do you have different situation ?

Ah, pehaps I finally understand. Are you talking about the exposure settings at the bottom of the viewfinder when the shutter is down half-way? Here is what I see.

1) When the Bracketing Sequence setting is set to 0 - + and I prepare to take a 3 shot sequence the viewfinder exposure indicator is set to 0 for, I suppose, the first shot,

2) When the Bracketing Sequence setting is set to - 0 + and I prepare to take a 3 shot sequence the viewfinder exposure indicator is set to -1 for, again I suppose, the first shot,

3) When the Bracketing Sequence setting is set to a + 0 - and I prepare to take a 3 shot sequence the viewfinder exposure indicator is set to -1.

I assume this is what you are referring to in your post. The first shot indicator appears to be wrong based on the menu settings. I had never noticed this before, but the shots themselves are taken in the correct order.

But I do not understand what you are referring to when you talk about the LCD indicator. Is that before taking the shot? Because nothing shows on my LCD before I take a shot unless I am in LivewView. Or are you talking about when you view the images after taking the photos?

Something else you might want to look at. If I change the number of bracketed shots to 2 instead of 3 I see the proper exposure indicator in the viewfinder for all 3 settings. If I change the number of shots to 5 or 7, then the indicator shows an arrow head in the proper location for - 0 + and for + 0 - and the proper indicator for 0 - +.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow