Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Full Frame NEX new SR5 rumor
In reply to Clayton1985, Dec 23, 2012

Clayton1985 wrote:

The 19, 24, 30, 35, 50 are all good.

Good, but mostly far from excellent from what I can see. But if the shooter is satisfied with them, that works.

I think some people feel the same way about m4/3s sensors. Personally, I'll take the above lenses along with the NEX sensor over m4/3s (although the OMD is pretty good and a step up from the GX1, etc). If the current lenses don't meet your standards then the Sony high end standard zoom and the Zeiss lenses will be out in a few months.

"Should be..."

And no, the current kit zoom did not meet my standards. And that's why I move off NEX. Which is a shame; brilliant sensors let down by mediocre glass. I know this will change, but it's taking them way, way too long. Too many bodies, not enough good lenses.

BTW, the m4/3 sensors aren't as good as the Sony NEX sensors, but they're very, very good. I don't see any difference in IQ until very high ISOs. I've compared some shots from my GX1 to my NEX and there's little, if any difference in 99.9% of the shots.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow