Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SubieRun
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
What... ...a blip on the Ricoh HRM?
Dec 23, 2012

So... ...Ricoh isn't completely flat lined just yet? (baffled expression, unzipping the tiny body bag...)

I wonder what Rattymouse thinks of this? He has been constantly beating the apparently dead horse in Ricoh's stable. I think he accidentally performed CPR and got a pulse going. Thanks Ratty!

Seriously. After quite some time without ANY word from Ricoh (and some from Pentax) I started to have a doubt - even though I know from previous releases that Ricoh are very tight lipped.

The release of a few products in 2013 from Ricoh is very good news. It means that there has been work in progress and that the R&D office has not just been gathering dust. I am sure they must have scrapped an idea or two during the intermission and perhaps picked up one or two more to evaluate.

Though I am still hoping for a GXR II with the usual wishlist: FF, 16-20MP, EVF improved, better and faster buffer and frame rate etc etc I am hoping to see one or two niche products that would get my creative juices flowing.

A GRD-like wide angle camera with larger sensor, approx 21mm with 12 to 16MP would ease the itch. Or, a A16 module 21mm for the GXR. Or a GXR II with the A16 21mm module at a bargain price in the X-mas stocking.

In the mean time I will keep battering that GXR with the A12 M mount and keep a keen eye out on what's happening. Kudos to all the peeps that are hanging in there. Ricoh should have been more upfront with their agenda. I think they lost a few a long the way. I hope they will gain back a few over time.

Plenty of competition is all good, I would not want any of the major players to keel over just yet.

(I don't consider Ricoh a major player though.)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow