Full Frame NEX new SR5 rumor

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kashmir442
Regular MemberPosts: 175
Like?
Re: Correction ....
In reply to Harold66, Dec 23, 2012

Harold66 wrote:

and all of this does not change my point is that there is no a real big market for such a camera

In that case, you can safely hang out in the u4/3s forum and revel in the marvelous selection of compact lenses that are available for that system.

Seriously, you can almost smell the fear that NEX instills in some people...

Back on topic - I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Sony comes up with here, it will be really interesting. There's a good chance that the first camera(s) will be an awkward combination of features, size, and price that "doesn't make sense" and becomes quite niche. What will they do about auto-focus speed? The NEX-7 successor coming in 2013 should give us some hints.

But then, there's a great chance that it takes off and engineering lessons learned help them deliver better and better cameras and lenses down the road, analogous to what has already happened with the APS-C NEX.

If it were an easy slam-dunk, some other company would have already done it. I'm grateful that Sony is taking the risk and for that reason, I hope they make it work. Even if not, I'll still laugh at all the "derpherp No lenses Big lenses derp" haters.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow