Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,029
Like?
RX1 for landscape?
Dec 23, 2012

I've been busy watching out here and on Flickr for landscapes shot with the RX1 and there's very little around yet, especially at full resolution to look at. But it's early days for the camera.

Of all the  comments I've read most are very positive about the camera generally, but again I haven't found anything about using for landscape, except three passing comments that put me on my guard. First Steve Huff says the lens seems to be optimised for close up and medium distance, someone somewhere says there is some CA with the lens and I think they said that it is difficult to totally eliminate with LR (but I could be misquoting saying this) and finally another review says if you want pure picture quality when shooting slow and methodically the Sigma DP2M will beat it (but the DP2M seems to be a very quirky camera in many other ways).

It seems to be a fantastic street style photography camera, but what are owners views on using for landscape? Something like the RX1 would certainly lighten the backpack load, but will the photograph quality be up there with the D800 and 5DIII etc.? Thanks for any advice. Finally you can probably see from my other posts around the forum of late that I'm really searching for advice on compact very high picture quality camera, so mention of D800 or 5DIII is not intended to be inflamatory!

-- hide signature --

David

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800 Sigma DP2 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow