GH3 DXO soon, ever? Selling too well, G5 sensor poor result.

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
bugbait
Contributing MemberPosts: 992Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 DXO soon, ever? Selling too well, G5 sensor poor result.
In reply to Mike Ronesia, Dec 23, 2012

Indeed there are a a few win or win choices. I have yet to dive in to the expense and weight of DSLR. $1300 will squeeze a person into a OMD-EM5 or GH3 or A65 or Sony NEX-6 or D7000 or 7D & even a Nikon 1V 2 + FZ200.

Image quality is only one factor. I do not drive anymore so my photographic opportunities are limited, and precious. I carried a one pound FZ150 everywhere with its case on my belt. And it performed beyond expectations. Accurate colors just a little flat. But almost always noisy as the sensor is tiny. There are plenty of folks here on the forum that have DSLR systems gathering dust. I am not a rich man, investing in about a $2000 kit is big bucks to me.

Bugs and hummers in flight is my primary challenge. So PD-AF is a no brainer asset, but a drag to have to carry the gear. My back is good but I have baby brain strokes so my endurance isn't so great.

I will wait until after CES 2013 and CP+ in early Feb to purchase. I just have a gut feeling in this price range what is available now will be the same then.

DPReview did kick out the FZ200 review a heck of a lot faster than the FZ150 and that was helpful.

bugbait's gear list:bugbait's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow