Color management when printing in PS

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Questions thread
MrPhotoBob
Senior MemberPosts: 2,642
Like?
Re: I hear you....
In reply to Petruska, Dec 23, 2012

Petruska wrote:

all I can say, is if I turn off the auto sharpening in Qimage, and print the same photo from Photoshop CS6, Lighroom, Nikon Capture NX2 and Qimage using the same printer driver settings and the same profile in each of those apps, I get 4 identical prints. This should be the case, there really shouldn't be any differences.

Bob P.

I use Qimage for my printing as well, and I use the Colormunki to profile my monitors.  I do not find the need to profile my paper, the Epson profiles are very good.  When I print from Lightroom 4 and Qimage I get good consistent prints that matched my monitor, but I was not too thrilled printing from CS6 so I do not use it since I do my processing in Lightroom 4.  I did find that changing from a VGA to a DVI-D cable did improve things quite a bit as well.

I have found that I produce nice sharp images that match my monitor completely by using Epson printers, Epson paper, Epson ink and Epson profiles with a monitor that has been profiled with the Colormunki.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow