Just wondering if anyone here bought a D600?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ian Stuart Forsyth
Senior MemberPosts: 1,790Gear list
Like?
Re: Just wondering if anyone here bought a D600?
In reply to petreluk, Dec 23, 2012

petreluk wrote:

ET2 wrote:

petreluk wrote:

I nearly bought one but steered away when it became clear that building it down to a price had produced too many compromises for me, and then the troubles with dust or oil continually spattering the sensor started to emerge and I know that hassle would have driven me mad.

If you remember the first 3 or 4 months, K-5 had the issue with dust on sensor (inside the glass, so it couldn't even be cleared). There were several dozen long threads about that here.

Dust (which I don't recall) or the sensor stains issue? If the latter, then yes but fairly swiftly acknowledged and put right by Pentax. I remember my dealer telling customers that affected units would be exchanged on the spot. Nikon's handling of the D600 dust stuff, by comparison, which they've tried to avoid admitting, is almost an object lesson in how to damage your brand and may be a factor in the continued drop in price of the D600.

My sensor stain took 3 months to get resolved on my K5 and only after some aggravation with emails trying to get it covered by warranty. I also had oil on my D800, $1.50 and two swabs later (10min to clean) all good to go.

-- hide signature --

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it.
The most important piece of equipment in photography is the lens cap, if used incorrectly all your photo will be under exposed.
The hardest part about capturing wildlife is not the photographing portion; it’s getting them to sign a model release

Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list:Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow