Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jean bernier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,127
Like?
D4: does AF-F even exist ?
Dec 23, 2012

What am I missing ? Maybe it's just a senior moment, but there is no way I can set the D4 to continuous focus while in live view (live view/pictures).

Page 52 of the english manual states:

" Focusing in live-view: autofocus modes available in live view:

AF-S For stationary subjects. Focus locks when shutter release button is pressed half-way.

AF-F Full-time servo autofocus. For moving subjects. Camera focuses continuously until shutter release button is pressed. Focus locks when shutter release button is pressed half-way.

AF-F is mentioned in the index p. 449, and sends you back to page 52.  I've seen no other mention of it yet.

This feature is desirable when holding the camera in an ackward position, such as at arm-lenght in a scrum, and not having to refresh focus all the time. I can't seem to obtain anything but AF-S.

Those that switched from the D3 serie to the D4 have noticed that there is not the Live-view-Tripod/Live-view Handheld option anymore. It's all tripod mode now, as contrast detection is way faster than it was in the past.

Please pass the tip if you found one...Thanks

-- hide signature --

Jean Bernier All photographs are only more or less credible illusions

Nikon D3 Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow