GH3 DXO soon, ever? Selling too well, G5 sensor poor result.

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bugbait
Senior MemberPosts: 1,074Gear list
Like?
GH3 DXO soon, ever? Selling too well, G5 sensor poor result.
Dec 22, 2012

This concerns me as I am saving my coin for a new system. With DPReview is owned by Amazon and allied with DXO, and most importantly the GH3 is selling out due to hype and potential. The late get G5 sensor is disappointing according to the comparison below. As a primarily photographic tool I am doubtful of the GH3 sensor and processing capabilities in comparison to the OMD. Panasonic images just seem flatter color wise to me so far. I am beginning to wonder if DXO will be motivated to post results for the GH3 or just speak no evil since it is selling like hotcakes.

DXO sensor comparison of OMD-EM5, G5, and GH2.

Both cameras are no doubt worth their asking price, but since there are compromises being made, no phase detection in particular I for would like to see some data proving the sensor-cameras photo performance. Sure inexpensive Canon DSLRs do not measure as high as the Nikons yet theCanon color rendition is more complete. But there is some useful information in a full DXO compassion The color rendition in OMD images have been awesome, I haven't seen but a couple colorful diverse landscapes and little multi person images from the GH3 and those not at full resolution. Studio comparisons are just as useful if DPReview would do the review, but again will they throw a potential wet blanket on a hot selling product?

I appreciate DPReview and actually use the heck out of my Amazon Prime membership, but I am at the same time wondering about this.

bugbait's gear list:bugbait's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow