Linux 64-bit ready for prime time?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Scott Eaton
Senior MemberPosts: 1,949
Like?
Re: Linux 64-bit ready for prime time?
In reply to CAcreeks, Dec 22, 2012

Recently a thread was posted on photo.net comparing RAW converters, and I don't think Adobe showed any better than Corel.

PhotoNet turned in the Pop Photo of the internet world a long time aqo, and you can always find some web-site somewhere showing that some competitor is better than Illustrator, LR or PS while actual professionals in each media laugh it off.

Most of the layer actions I custom made in CS5 simply do not transpose in Gimp. When I tried to emulate them in Gimp I get nameless error messages after nameless error messages. Then again I have a job that doesn't involve a polyester hat and can actually buy software that actually works and isn't supported by non-paid "professionals".

I love the vector handling of Corel, and have been using this app over Illustrator for over 15 years. I simply like the interface better, although I admit Corel is crude compared to what my friends are doing in Adobe Suite. As a general courtesy I don't tell them how to do their job and why Linux is superior cuz' it's got free apps.

For the record, I spend a lot of time in Corporate data centers and statistically they are about 60% windows based.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow