Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonzalez
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
A55 with the NEX-6 makes a good pair of cameras
Dec 22, 2012

At a moment I'm visiting the beautiful Palawan Island in Philippines and I have my two Sony camerabody's with some of my lenses here with me. I've been using the new NEX-6 with the power zoom kit lens a lot and it has been really nice to be able to shoot proper HDR with the wider bracketed shots that just could not have been done only with the A55.

Some of the birds in Palawan cannot be found from any other place in the world. Here's local sunbird.

Anyway I'm still quite happy I brought the A55 with me, because without it's better ergnomics and somewhat better controls many of my shots would have been missed otherwise.

The size of some of the butterflies in Palawan is huge. This one is one of the smallest, but still a lot bigger than the ones we have in Finland during our summer.

Here are some of the shots from both of the cameras. Palawan island is a real paradise on earth with the all of the differant spieces of butterflies and birds.

One shot from the Island Hopping trip.

The scenery here is unbelievable and what's best: every evening I get to see some of the most beautifull sunsets I've ever seen anywhere.

A perfect christmas holiday scenery for a person coming from the ice and snow of Finland.

The size of this butterfly is huge.

Riding with the tricycle.

A traditional Philippino transportation with three wheels.

On my way back home after christmas I will certainly check out the price of the A99 in Hong Kong. It very well might be my next camera body replacing the A55. And I absolutely will keep my NEX-6, because of the nice size and good quality of it's photos.

Some of these Jeepneys are quite beautiful too.

jonzalez's gear list:jonzalez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony SLT-A58 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +2 more
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow