Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Arash31
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Re: focus calibration varies with focal length of zoom lenses
In reply to Arash31, Dec 22, 2012

Arash31 wrote:

wireless wrote:

I just received my d600 and lenses back from cameraservicepro.com (authorized Nikon repair). I haven't been able to test it yet. They told me they would fix the focus issues without fine tune.

However when I got it back they said they had fixed a back-focus issue in the camera, the 50mm had a fine tune of -10 (what iit was before I sent it in), the 24-70 had nothing, and the 70-200 had +3 fine tune. I asked them about this in email but they didn't respond although I would say their service was good and straightforward. They turned it around in one day.

I will test it when I get a little time. Busy this time of year. I expect with all I've looked into this if there are any issues I'll work them out with fine tune. I hope not to see the issues that others have mentioned where fine tune is not consistent across the zoom range.

-David

Thx for the update. I suspect that even if u have an issue it may not be as visible own the d600 as it is on the d800. Frankly is really annoying that the d800 on large apertures for porunreliable what it is. If it always worked would have been amazing!

Got to love the auto correct! I meant for portrait! The d800 high res just phones all the auto focus flaws

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow