Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
DAndison
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: Well, Harold, 2 things...
In reply to LifeIsAVerb, Dec 22, 2012

LifeIsAVerb wrote:

Hi tex,

Can you explain what you mean by setting the focus "on the dial"? Thanks!

[[ Most of you are unfamiliar with the joys and speed of proper manual focus. With my NEX7 and my WA Voigtlanders I can set the focus on the dial and shoot away and it's far faster than locking an AF in---even the fastest AF. With focus peaking my other Voigt focuses mighty fast. ]]

I think he will be referring to the fact that once you have focused this lens once, you don't have to do it again. Just keep taking the shots, no need to re-focus. As a result, it is faster than autofocus.

I use the Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 with my Nex 7 and it is very sharp front to back at f/5.6, probably at it's best at f/8. Once I have set the manual focus ring for anything from 0.6 metres to infinity I don't have to change it again. Just point and shoot.

When I bought this lens I had in mind the FF Nex, the 10-18 wouldn't cover FF and both have a slight magenta cast (on the Nex 7). Easily removed with Corner Fix. It's also smaller and lighter.

DAndison's gear list:DAndison's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow