Is Microsoft Even Listening about Windows 8?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
dmartin92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,515Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Microsoft Even Listening .. Have they ever???? The answer is NO!
In reply to Sean Nelson, Dec 22, 2012
I really don't think Windows 8 is a bad choice for a desktop, as long as you're willing to take the extra steps to install a 3rd-party app to make the classic UI the default one.

I just remember the good ole days, which weren't that long ago, Windows 7, when you could install the OS, as it is, no 3rd-party app, and then start configuring that installation to be as you wanted it to be. Maybe it's just an arbitrary line in the sand, but a 3rd-party app to get the OS to be tolerable, that is, for me, on the other side of the line in the sand. But I can acknowledge that the placement of that line, others may put the line farther over. Their choice.

And where will one be if Microsoft comes out with some update that makes the 3rd-party app impossible to run ?

I suppose if you're willing to install a 3rd-party app, fine, but I just like Windows 7. It, Windows 7, runs fine enough for me.

My beef isn't with Windows 8 itself, it's with the fact that Microsoft is trying to herd everyone over to the touch UI, which I don't think is appropriate for a large monitor controlled by a mouse and keyboard.

But there too, like you, I too don't like it that they are trying to herd me over to their touch UI, but for me, I see Win 8 as their centerpiece in that effort. Hence, I don't like Windows 8, itself.

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow