Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Quash
Contributing MemberPosts: 632
Like?
Your Favourite Camera Shop for Nikon FX Purchases Thread
Dec 22, 2012

I purchased a Nikon FX camera from an independent camera shop, which reminded me of the importance of good customer service and supporting small businesses, especially in these tough economic times when the big box stores and huge online retailers are pushing small, independent business owners out of business with thin margins and heavy marketing. So, I thought I would start a thread where we could post our *positive* experiences about our favourite camera shops.

Rules:

1. You cannot be affiliated with the camera shop you post about or profit from it in any way. Period.

2. Positive experiences only.  This is not a thread to bash camera stores.  In fact, I have rewritten my experience to remove references to names of stores where I have had a poor experience.

3. Must sell Nikon FX gear, hence posting in this forum, but your experience does not have to be specific to a Nikon FX purchase.

4. You can post about any camera shop, large or small, B&M and/or online, but extra points for independent dealers.

5.  Good experiences from any country.

6.  Everyone please just ignore the DPReview forum trolls who bait.  Just do not respond to them and keep the thread on topic.

If we do this right, perhaps we'll build a collection of good experiences that others can benefit from in the future, as they consider purchasing their Nikon camera equipment.

My story is in the next post.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
B&HNew
UKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow