Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MonteCarlo67
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Just got my new X10 today....
Dec 22, 2012

....and all I can say is, WOW! Sorry if threads like this have been posted before. I have had my eye on the X10 since it came out. The price and the "blooming" effect had kept me away. However, the current price ($499 at B&H with free overnight shipping) was to much to pass up. I contacted B&H before ordering and they told me that Fuji had assured them that all new X10's in stock had the updated sensor. For what it's worth, my serial number starts with 22A. I spent this afternoon running it through the paces and I am blown away by the image quality! The sharpness (set at default), the color and the exposure are mind blowing for a compact camera. Having downloaded samples before hand, I didn't expect to be able to use anything above ISO 400. Much to my surprise, ISO 800 is easily usable. For my style of shooting, I can see this being a long lasting love affair:-) I have also been looking at the X-Pro 1 and the X-E1. I use a Canon 7D as my DSLR of choice. However, I don't shoot fast action, weddings (anymore) or sports. It often feels like overkill and I only have a couple of lenses. After my brief (so far) experience withe X10, I can honestly say I am going to look more deeply at the X-Pro 1 and the X-E1!

MonteCarlo67's gear list:MonteCarlo67's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 +1 more
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow