D600 is here. What's the testing/cleaning proceedure?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Illumina
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 is here. What's the testing/cleaning proceedure?
In reply to knightmelodic, Dec 22, 2012

gknightmelodic wrote:

I can't even believe I have to ask this. Well, anyway, the camera is here, serial #3057xxx - supposedly one of the good ones. I still have some questions though. (My first FF digital)

1) How can I check the shutter count on the camera without going into the manual? I want to disturb as little as possible in the package in case it has to be returned.

2) How should I go about testing the sensor for dust?

3) If I find unacceptable dust/oil (ANY should be unacceptable for a brand new camera) which is the best option: return to store, send to Nikon, clean sensor myself?

4) Forget that 3k shot & clean routine. That's ridiculous. 3k wasted shutter activations? Nah. So, what would be the tools recommended for dry cleaning (blower and/or brush), and wet cleaning (swabs or pads or something else).

Thanks in advance for any help. Glad to be in the FX forum.

-- hide signature --

Just keep clicking, something will turn out fantastic.
Nikon D7000 w/grip, SB-600, Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8, Nikor 24-70 f/2.8, Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR II , Tokina 11-16 f/2.8, Nikon TC-20E III 2x

just shoot like usual..

if u found dust that ruin ur shot, you can clean it.. but if it doesn't ruin ur photo, just enjoy ur d600 and keep shooting..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow