70-200mm.....this is a huge lens.....

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cultured Vulture
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,666Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200mm.....this is a huge lens.....
In reply to chester0711, Dec 22, 2012

chester0711 wrote:

It is not so much the weight actually, it feels long. When going with two bodies I hook the tele up to one and a 50mm up to the other. It covers what I need at most of my events.

Usually bouncing between a small room and a large hall.....limited area to shoot from in the large hall so tele is needed there. I even use it in the small rooms on occasion to get close without being intrusive.

I have been using a 70-300mm but the quality in low light without flash is not great. Also have a myriad of lighting situations so 2.8 is the safe route. I can use flash sometimes but not always.

I speared a guy in the crotch with the 70-200mm this past week when it was hanging from my shoulder and I was passing through a crowd using my 50mm on the other camera. Just not used to the length right now, I might have to just get used to it.

-- hide signature --

w

Try one of these. They work great and they keep you from poking people or dropping cameras.

http://buy.cottoncarrier.com/cotton-carrier-camera-system-p/124rtl-d.htm

-- hide signature --

Regards, JR

Cultured Vulture's gear list:Cultured Vulture's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow