k-01 or k30?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?
Re: k-01 or k30?
In reply to McSpin, Dec 22, 2012

McSpin wrote:

For my needs the K-01 has everything I want. I don't care if I ever look through another viewfinder in my life (though I will because I still have a Kr and a DS that I occasionally use. I even find myself using Live View on the Kr quite a bit, even though the delay with the mirror is annoying. My eyesight just isn't good enough to be comfortable with the viewfinders of today.

I almost never shoot more than one shot/sec so that doesn't bother me about the K-01. I don't shoot in the rain, so weather resistance wasn't important. Basically, it boils down to whether any of the added features of the K30 are worth the money to you. Only you know how you take photos, what's important to you and how much you're willing to pay for it. Good luck with your decision.

Even the lack of WR is mostly a non issue. I used my K-01 with the WR 18-135 in steady rain in Amsterdam on Monday - for maybe 8 hrs, jusy doing street shooting.  By tucking the cam under my largish jacket between shots, and keeping a café napkin handy for drying things out, all was well!

But if I'm out on the coastal path using say the 55-300, I would prefer an OVF ... So at the knock-down prices around, I think the K30 is a nice second cam to have.  But when its a choice as to which I  pick up when leaving the house ... its the K-01 that wins.

-- hide signature --

britcam
The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax MX-1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-01 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow