GH3 owners - What functions do you set for the Fn buttons?

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
razorfish
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
GH3 owners - What functions do you set for the Fn buttons?
Dec 22, 2012

Thought this might be interesting to ask. I've spent much time figuring out which functions to set. Buying a new camera, I configure most of the settings permanently and never change them. I had to figure out which functions I will likely need to change often. This is what I came up with:

Fn1: I left it at WiFi. I don't really consider this an important function, but if I'm using it I'm going to want it quickly accessible.

Fn2: I set this to Photo Style. These are available in all the manual modes so very handy to have quick access. Even though I shoot RAW+JPG I try to avoid post processing when I can, so optimizing the look of the JPGs makes sense.

Fn3: I left it at focus mode. Obviously this is a setting you'll likely need to change often.

Fn4: I chose one-shot spot metering. Debated between this and metering mode, but this is quicker and I don't see myself using centre weighted when the multi metering is so good on this camera.

Fn5: Self timer mode. I use the 2 sec delay for long exposures to avoid camera shake. Other times, like when you want a group shot with yourself in it, you need more time. I also think the three-in-a-row mode might come in handy at times.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow