Started Dec 21, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,038Gear list
Like?
IQ of Panasonic 14-45 f3.5-5.6 vs. Panasonic 12-35 f2.8
Dec 21, 2012

I would like to hear of first-hand IQ experience with both these lens: from someone who first got the 14-45 and was amazed at its IQ, but then couldn't resist later buying the partially redundant 12-35 because of its additional features. Did you find the IQ of the 12-35 at least as good as the IQ of the 14-45? How much do you miss the long end of the 14-45?

Why am I interested in this upgrade? Primarily because I live in a climate that mists or lightly rains 9 months out of the year and I don't want to be locked up inside for fear of water getting inside my E-M5 because of the lack of sealing in the 14-45. I love its IQ and wouldn't upgrade to the 12-35 unless its IQ is equal to or better than the 14-45. Currently when it rains, I'm stuck indoors except for my Olympus 60mm macro lens and I do frequently go outside with it, but find it too restrictive for general purpose.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow