Confused about ISO on A99 vs. D800 in Aperture Priority Mode?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Questions thread
3sgilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,170Gear list
Like?
Re: Confused about ISO on A99 vs. D800 in Aperture Priority Mode?
In reply to jonikon, Dec 21, 2012

agreed and in addition the Nikon's auto ISO has more functionality for instance the ability to set not only min and max ISO but the MINIMUM shutter speed in Aperture priority as well as metric to skew which way you want the algorithm to sway ( either towards lower iso or higher shutter speed ). The Sony Auto ISO ( which isnt available in manual ) is much easier to set but the Nikon has much more functionality, I suspect the answer lies in how the Auto ISO was set by the previous user...I second the notion do a little reading about the Nikon auto ISO and go back and redo your experimentation.....

Also I know what you mean I hate it when im trying to compare cameras in store and dont know exactly how to manipulate it versus the one im already familiar with....

-- hide signature --

Shawn
Nikon D7000 w Sig 150-500 OS
Sony a77/16-50mm( Wife ) HVL56AM
Sony a55 ( daughter )
Tamron 60mm F2 Macro
Sigma 10-20mm
Tamron 90mm Macro
Minolta 28-75 F2.8 Japan
Tamron 70-200 F2.8 Di

3sgilbert's gear list:3sgilbert's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D750 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow