Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
cuol
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: Beware of Sony Store
In reply to earful, Dec 21, 2012

earful wrote:

cuol wrote:

Here is my story and I hope to save someone else from the aggravation I have experienced with Sony.

Ordered the rx1 12/10 estimated availability 12/19

Order status changed to ready for shipment 12/17

No email 12/17

Called up 12/18, was told it will ship 12/19

No email 12/19

Called up and was told will ship 12/20

No email

Called up and was told it will ship 12/21. I said I wanted to cancel my order so I could purchase somewhere else and get it before xmas. Sorry sir, once the order is in process we can't cancel it. I said but you haven't shipped it! I want to speak with a manger. Manager not in yet. So, there is nothing I can do. Nope.

12/21 today I call again, no email. Sorry sir we don't know when it will be available. So, I said, it was going to ship 12/17 then 12/19, then 12/20, and then 12/21 and now it might ship tomorrow or it might ship in a month, and I cannot cancel my order!?!? Sorry sir. I want to speak to a manager. Manager is not available.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Now I know why I purchase all my gear at B&H.

I am being held hostage and there is nothing I can do until I receive the camera and then I can return it for a refund. Meanwhile my paypal account has a charge on hold from Sony since 12/10 that I cannot release! This is reaaallly screwed up, but the worst thing is they won't pass me to a manager!

deal through paypal. register a complaint via and with paypal and produce screenshots of order status. explain what has happened and ask for paypal to cancel payment. best of luck.

Thanks, I will try that route.

cuol's gear list:cuol's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow