Beware of Sony Store

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
cuol
cuol Regular Member • Posts: 107
Beware of Sony Store

Here is my story and I hope to save someone else from the aggravation I have experienced with Sony.

Ordered the rx1 12/10 estimated availability 12/19

Order status changed to ready for shipment 12/17

No email 12/17

Called up 12/18, was told it will ship 12/19

No email 12/19

Called up and was told will ship 12/20

No email

Called up and was told it will ship 12/21. I said I wanted to cancel my order so I could purchase somewhere else and get it before xmas. Sorry sir, once the order is in process we can't cancel it. I said but you haven't shipped it! I want to speak with a manger. Manager not in yet. So, there is nothing I can do. Nope.

12/21 today I call again, no email. Sorry sir we don't know when it will be available. So, I said, it was going to ship 12/17 then 12/19, then 12/20, and then 12/21 and now it might ship tomorrow or it might ship in a month, and I cannot cancel my order!?!? Sorry sir. I want to speak to a manager. Manager is not available.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Now I know why I purchase all my gear at B&H.

I am being held hostage and there is nothing I can do until I receive the camera and then I can return it for a refund. Meanwhile my paypal account has a charge on hold from Sony since 12/10 that I cannot release! This is reaaallly screwed up, but the worst thing is they won't pass me to a manager!

cuol's gear list:cuol's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow