BEST PLACE TO SELL A NEW RX1?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Questions thread
emailnotebox
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: BEST PLACE TO SELL A NEW RX1?
In reply to MDGolfer, Dec 21, 2012

It would be very difficult to beat that 15% restocking fee which ever way you sell it.

1) I have sold hundreds of items and Leica lenses that cost up to $7,000 a piece on ebay. The advantage of selling through ebay is that you can quickly sell your equipment as there are a lot of users and therefore a high demand for items, but the fees they charge you for using their service and Paypal is phenomenal.

I've done the calculation for you, and if you manage to sell it on ebay at $2,800, you will end up paying roughly $332, about 11.71%.

2) I think the next option is to sell it through craigslist. You may get a better deal, but it is usually very difficult to find a buyer with enough cash at hand when selling expensive gears. You will meet lots of people asking to see the camera, and then when you do meet in person, they tell you that they only have less for it, etc. And this process continues until you meet the right person.

Personally and humbly, I wish to suggest to you that if you don't want to pay the restocking fee, you may want to reconsider it keep the camera. Because as far as I know, the next easiest thing would be selling it on ebay, but going through the hassle of setting up to sell it and only managing to save about 3%.. I am not sure I want to do that.

Or I hope that someone in the forum will be interested in the camera.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow