D600 at 6606 Shutter Count

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rotorbug
Contributing MemberPosts: 695
Like?
Re: Good perspective re: higher resolution
In reply to eNo, Dec 21, 2012

eNo wrote:

I hadn't made the connection in my mind re: dust spots and sensor resolving power, but I guess it makes sense that 24MP can resolve a lot more small dust particles than 12MP. Looks like I'm going to get even better at cleaning my sensors.

BTW, you mention that it's harder to get a FX sensor clean than a DX sensor. Why is that? I don't see what the larger surface area would have to do with that, other than a higher probability that dust will settle down after you clean it?

It goes against logic as a particle on a DX sensor should appear bigger than same particle on a FX sensor.

I just find FX sensors are prone to streaking when wet cleaning. The trick is to have two wrapped spatulas, one wet, and one dry. Wipe the sensor with wet one (After waiting about 10 seconds for excess to evaporate), then wipe the sensor dry with the dry spatula. This wipes away the small droplets that are left behind from a wet clean.

I only use Pec pads, Eclipse fluid, and Copperhill spatulas.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow