D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
phiri
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...
In reply to CarlosNunezUSA, Dec 21, 2012

I understand the OPs dilemma. I have been there myself. Having had three primes it meant the widest I had was 28mm not so wide on DX. I was tempted just to add Tokina 11-16 to shoot DX completely but I knew that my primes particularly would not shine that much on d7000. Fnally bought the the D600 and I am truly happy with it.

The first obvious benefit is high ISO. I shoot up to ISO 3200 without any noise reduction and no obvious penalty on colors and tones. Not possible with the D7000. The focus is a little bit better on the D600 and of course colors, tones and noise perception is better on the D600. A base ISO, the difference is not much, but of course there is subtle differences in image rendering.

I am still keeping my D7000 though, because i would not want to sell it cheaper now since prices have fallen down significantly since I bought it but also DX is advantageous in telephoto shooting. My suggestion would be to rent it if you can and compare them that way, or try them at a major outlet with your cards comparing your D7000 and d600. A least that is what I did before diving in.

You can also check my feelings about in a thread i started in the FX forum here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3354524

phiri's gear list:phiri's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow