New to Leica

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Carbon111
Contributing MemberPosts: 529Gear list
Like?
Re: New to Leica
In reply to xtj, Dec 21, 2012

xtj wrote:

Yep, sold it all. 40D, 5D Mk III, 85 1.2, 50 1.4, 70-200 2.8 IS. Great Canon gear that I will no doubt miss. I have shot 1000s of photos with my Canon gear, but I felt a big change was needed. I got to complacent. I depended too much on the automatic stuff and I feel I forgot how to make great photos. And I really hated looking like a paparazzi whenever I wanted to take a couple of photos of my kids. Now it is back to basics. And I find that I now spend more time looking through the great M8 viewfinder and think about what I doing. And why I am doing it. So yes, that is a big commitment. I travel a lot for work and love the light load of just my M8 and the 35 Cron. Great combo. I now bring it everywhere. Never did that with the Canon gear. And ended up with way to many iPhone photos.

Welcome!

You won't regret it.

The Leica glass is just so uncanny in it's rendition and clarity. Nothing else even comes close!

I also sold all my Canon gear! My 5DmkII and all my L lenses went out the door to fund my transition to an M9-P, a 35 'lux a 50 'cron and a 90 elmarit. I couldn't be happier! I do however have a little Panny GX1 for those occasions when I cant live without autofocus or macro.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards, James
http://500px.com/JamesMaier

Carbon111's gear list:Carbon111's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Leica Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow