ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarkTZ
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic FZ200 or a Nikon D3100 Pack?
Dec 21, 2012

Hello guys,

I have a question to all of you who own an FZ200 or have some experience with it: I'm planning to buy a new camera and am considering either the FZ200 or a Nikon D3100 Pack that comes with two Nikon lenses (AFS DX 18-55mm GII and AFS DX 55-200mm VR). They both cost more or less the same.

Having in mind that I'm a beginner and will mainly shoot family, holidays, landscapes, some events and my kids soccer and tennis matches  (this is why I'm considering a nice optical zoom and action shooting capabilities) and that good HD video is also a welcome feature, what camera do you think will suit me best?

Reviews say the D3100 is a good entry level DSLR (and the Nikon 55-200mm VR a very nice zoom lens) and that the LZ200 produces noise even at ISO 100 (due to its small sensor). On the other hand the FZ200 has some niceties like the 12 fps shooting, f2.8 fast lens all along the focal length, the shutter speed (faster than the D3100), nice 1080p HD video, image stabilisation (the nikon 55-200mm VR lens has the vibration reduction).

In view of the above I'm finding it quite difficult to decide on which camera to buy and would much thank you your opinion.

I thank you in advance for all your help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow