ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ihgold2
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
wide angle zoom
Dec 21, 2012

Hi,

I have a 60D, and my primary lens is the 24-105L.  Even though it's not so wide on a crop sensor, I really love it's range and quality (I wish I could afford a couple more 'L' lenses, but alas ...).

So I'm looking for -- maybe just daydreaming about -- a complement to it for situations where I could use a wider lens.  I'm thinking mostly of indoor family shots but also for general shooting in tighter spaces.

It seems like most people love the canon 17-55 f/2.8 (expensive), sigma 17-50 f/2.8, or tamron 17-50 f/2.8.  But I feel like, while those give me just a little bit more on the wider side (and are one stop faster), they mostly overlap with my 24-105L.

Canon has a 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, sigma has a 10-20 f/4-5.6, and maybe there are others that would give me even a wider angle and not overlap at all with my 24-105.

What do people feel about one of these as an option?  And how come there's no lens in that range -- or is there? -- that's faster and has a constant max aperture??  Does anyone else use this kind of combination of ultra-wide + 24-105?

Thanks,

-ira

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow