D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,667Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...
In reply to Gibbosa, Dec 21, 2012

Gibbosa wrote:

Brev00 - respectful disagreement from down here on the southern tip of Africa.

I'm a D7k owner with a fair selection of FX lenses and a couple of DX ones. The release of something like the D600 intrigues me: would this-or-that lens work better on the new machine? What have other people who have made the leap discovered? Was it worth the extra cash? Or was it not? What have been the gains? What might be the pitfalls? And specifically when compared to the D7k?

For all of the above I believe that this is the perfect forum for a discussion of this nature. Indeed, had it taken place on the FX forum, which I don't visit very often, I would have missed it entirely.

Which is a good argument for visiting the fx forum.   Or reading the latest issue of NPhoto (released a month later in the USA) which features an article comparing fx and dx and reviews the D600.  The ease and convenience of finding the discussion here does not make it correct.  Although, since it attracted a wonderful rant from Steve and an on target satire from Mosswings, the thread has earned its keep.

My main problem is that it is becoming a trend:

I just went full frame:  Wow!

I have outgrown dx:  Which?

It is a trend because many are interested in the recent, more affordable set of full frame cameras.  Some have bought and some will soon buy.  You may be one of them.  So, we can expect more threads like this as more dx shooters embrace the D6/800(e).

Mako has made his decision about this thread but I hope those who want to start a thread that mainly concerns the fx set of cameras will think about its correct location.   I think these threads are posted here because of the connection members have developed over time on the dx forum more than because the subject matter fits.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow