Contributing MemberPosts: 989Gear list
Like?
Re: Will 2013 be Fujifilm's Year?
In reply to rattymouse, Dec 21, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

David V wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

David V wrote:

$100-200MM a year is a literal drop in the bucket to a company the size of Fuji and could easily be absorbed into their overall marketing budget.

This is incorrect. If I read last year's annual report right, the ENTIRE Fujifilm Group had a profit of approximately 500 million US dollars (down 31.5% from the previous year). 100-200 million dollars is NOT a drop in the bucket. That is a massive amount of their profits. The shareholder report talks about extreme actions being taken due to the loss of 31% of profits and were they to lose 100 million more, the actions would be even more drastic.

If you actually read my statement, you would see that I said FUJI.

The name Fuji is meaningless, hence your statements are too. Perhaps you meant Fujifilm Holdings Corporation. If so, you should in fact then, SAY that. Get your names right so people know what you are talking about. As it is you look ignorant then.

Not Fujifilm, which is a small division of the overall FUJI corporation. Do you have a reading comprehension issue, or are you so rabid with negativity and venom that you just jump on the first impulse the comes to mind?

I am an executive in an entertainment media company and two of our divisions lose a total of over $100MM a year, but they are seen as a value added service to our customers which serves as a customer retention vehicle (and the data proves it!). I guess it's just a matter of how you view it.

You obviously work in a much much larger company than Fujifilm to be able to nonchalantly absorb 100 million in losses from a pair of non performing divisions.

Again, you don't understand what I'm saying here. Some companies make these types of investments in products/services, even though they are losses in particular division, because they consider them marketing costs or customer retention vehicles to the overall corporation. Sigh.....

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

If you could not determine what I meant by the initial comment that I made (and clearly you did not based on your mindless response) then it is YOU who is ignorant here.

I just don't understand why you need to be such a doucheb@g.  Grow up man!  Even in an "adult conversation" that is not about an opinion of a particular piece of gear, you go off the rails.  You either have emotional issues or are just enjoy being an @$$hole, but either way, you are truly pathetic.

Please go get help for yourself.  You really need it!

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow