Had to remove the battery to bring K5 to life!

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Questions thread
kikivrany
Senior MemberPosts: 2,780
Like?
Re: Had to remove the battery to bring K5 to life!
In reply to Xiaomao, Dec 21, 2012

Xiaomao wrote:

Hi all, merry Christmas and happy New Year!

I was frustrated to find that the shutter didn't respond at all during my shooting yesterday and I had to remove the battery to be able to make my K5 work again. This is my second experience of this issue. Could anyone tell me if this is a problem and how I can avoid it in the future? And will this problem result in a complete failure?
Thanks a lot in advance!

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
Yang

Hello Xiaomao

It happend to me also twice, but between them there are ca. 24.000 pictures.

I will not say don't worry about this, like I am, it would be foolhardy from me to analyse your K5 via the internet , therefor I discribe when it happens to me:

I use the K5 with a batterie grip...so it was no problem with the power

I use the K5 sometimes more than 1 hour continual with no problem

My two freezing of the K5 did happened when I switch to LV and switch back. I can not say why, because normaly the K5 don't freeze.

I personaly don't mind, because the K5 is like a little computer....and every computer can freeze. The only thing is that the K5's SR make a odd sound when it happens...but I think that's normal when the MC is freezing and the rest of the system leave to it's own.

The only thing I do is that I don't think twice...and pull out the batterie quickly...to stop this

uncontrolled status.

merry Christmas and happy New Year

Kikivrany

-- hide signature --

carpe noctem

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow