EF-42 vs YN-560 II for X-E1, which is more versatile?

Started Dec 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peiasdf
Regular MemberPosts: 207
Like?
EF-42 vs YN-560 II for X-E1, which is more versatile?
Dec 21, 2012

I have finally finished processing all the photos from the office party and have some free time to reflect on the whole thing. Experience really is very important.

I selected 1/125s shutter so all the photos are either ISO 3200 or 6400. Thank god X-E1 have good ISO performance and they don't plan to print big.

They set the Christmas tree 10' (3 meters) from the row of windows so everyone lined up in front of the tree to get picture taken. I have to use the in camera flash as fill light for every single shot in that position and even then it is not powerful enough. I should have shot RAW but surprisingly the JPEG come out good enough I can process in PS to get passable result.

So now I have decided to get a proper flash for the camera just in case I need powerful fill light again. EF-42 is the best Fuji/Sunpak make and offers TTL but since I am going to learn flash photography I might as well get a good manual one. METZ 58 AF-2 is great but doesn't offers TTL for Fuji so the $350 is kinda wasted. LumoPro LP160 is out of stock. YN-560 II is very cheap at $74 and well review so is this a good flash for X-E1 if I need it to work with 6fps continuous shooting?

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow