DP2M - DISASTER!! (to all possessors)

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
yomasa
Regular MemberPosts: 379Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2M - DISASTER!! (to all possessors)
In reply to gregzz, Dec 21, 2012

gregzz wrote:

Hello, i've recently bought dp2m, and i couldn't be more upset that i'm now.

I've tested the camera under various circumstances and scenarios, and it works pretty well on outside locations in daylight conditions. I know well that this is a low iso camera, and i shot almost always at 100 iso to obtain best results.

These are shots taken with a speedlight flash on a softbox diffuser, 100 ISO, f/8.

There's in every picture a huge magenta blotch in the center and the green corners, and for a 100 iso shot with controlled situation and well lighted this is very unacceptable

You could say that i've got a faulty unit in my hands, but this happens only in specific circumstances, especially with the light textures of fabrics. i can't say if this happens everytime but i notice it only with certain shades of colors, like green/cyan, where contrast with magenta blotch become very visible.

I really would like to know if every DP2M have this defect, so i'm asking every possessor to do a test with flash and fabric and maybe posts results here.

(i'm a commercial photographer, and i've thought that maybe i could have used dp2m for some minor product shots, but color balance with this problem is impossible....i post an outdoor shot as well to show that everything works fine in this situation)

ITS THE SHORT, WHAT YOU SEE IS REALLY THERE, YOUR EYE CANT SEE IT BUT THE CAMERA CAN... IR

-- hide signature --

Jorge Blanco

yomasa's gear list:yomasa's gear list
Pentax 645D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 70D Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow