ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lxlex
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Panasonic LX7
Dec 21, 2012

Hi everyone,

Just bought my LX7 two weeks ago and a weird thing happened. The camera's first 500 shots were not impressive at all with some of the issues listed here and elsewhere? Things that looked like back focusing, dull colors, blurry images and macro that was not shartp at all.

I'm used to having great images from my LX3 with 90% keepers but the first 500 images from my LX7 were crap. Then out of nowhere, bang images started being so good my jaw dropped, words like wow, that french word and I also started thinking if I will ever use my beloved LX3 again. This camera like speakers and amplifiers might need a bit running/burning in before she give her best?

The lens and the sensor are just great, super sharp and I am so glad I bought it that it has really made me want to go out and use it. The LX7 makes you want to go outside and take snaps and is just so much fun to use it opens my eyes even more than my LX3.

One thing that got me concerned is what everyone is saying about the size of the sensor. Well unless I'm printing 50 inches I have no need to worry. I say this because I have printed straight out of my LX3 jpegs (no pp) 36x24 inches and it was fine. Raw would have been much better with pp but from 2 meters that jpeg was very good. I would never really print that big anyways but I just tested it at work to see what it could do. If my LX7 can print 20x16 I will be more than happy and I don't see no reason why it couldn't? She might even be able to do that 50 inches anyways, gonna have to try a raw one day?

All this talk about my sensor is bigger than yours is a bit overdone if I must say so as I believe a camera is more than just the sensor. Thank you Panasonic for a great camera and having the guts to pull it off! The images are better than the LX3 btw!

I also think the LX7 will have a cult following after all the hoopla has settled and it will become just as loved as the previous LX camera's if not more!

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to all.

Lex.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow