Rollei or Sirui tripod?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
hiki08
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
Re: Rollei or Sirui tripod?
In reply to Yezariael, Dec 21, 2012

Yezariael wrote:

I own the Sirui T-005, I would never tink that such a light and 'tiny' tripod can be as sturdy as the Sirui is!

I used it a lot in Iceland in very windy environments with a77 even for long expures (10 sec+), no problem...

Thanks for the input! The T-005 seems similar to the T-025 in terms of height and structure, though slightly heavier possibly because of different build material.

Good to know it went well with the A77 with 10+ second exposure in windy conditions. Would you or anyone know if in calm conditions, whether I could obtain sharp images at 20+ seconds at a zoom of no more than 105mm (though for long exposures I don't imagine myself using a focal length of more than 50mm)? I just upgraded to 6D and so the camera body weighs in around the same as A77.

If it can't take clear photos at long exposure in calm conditions then that kind of defeats the purpose of a tripod.. so really hope if someone has an idea? thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow