D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 21,002Gear list
Like?
Let me make a flat statement - based on a ton of experience.
In reply to Brev00, Dec 21, 2012

Going from the D7000 to the D600 will do nothing for you in developing your skills in photography. It is NOT the camera. It is NOT FX vs DX. It is learning the skills and art associated with photography. I would strongly suggest a night class in photography and then in Photoshop.

I would also suggest you study the masters and fill your library with photography books - and READ them. Photography is both a science and an art form. It involves both the left side of the brain and the right side. That is, if you wish to get better.

Learn to shoot with what you have. The best advice I can give is to master one camera, one lens, and work it, work it, work it. Take a simple subject and shoot it a dozen ways, from a dozen different angles, create shooting problems - and then solve them. As you progress you will find that "art is discovery" and you will learn to spread your wings. To fly. To find your style.

Or play camera collector and brag about having the best. Whatever the hell that is. 
--
Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow