Ideas on panoramic stiching techniques...

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
Re: Ideas on panoramic stiching techniques...
In reply to cbkiyanda, Dec 21, 2012

cbkiyanda wrote:

I like those panoramas. I personally quite like Hugin, though I don't work with adobe software, so can't compare with that. How long ago is it that you've tried Hugin? I use it on linux and find that there have been really great improvements in the last 6-8 months.

I'll have to try with longer focal lengths. I personally prefer working in the 20-40 mm range, but that may just be because I have a good wider lens (sigma 18-50 2.8) and a rather blah lens in the longer focal length (da 50-200 4-5.6). I'm looking to buy a tamron 70-200 2.8 that's supposedly rather sharp (at the very least much sharper than my 50-200).

Thanks for posting this. I'll have to try stitching with a longer focal length again when I decide to get the new lens.

This was shot with my K-5 and my Tamron Di 70-200 f2.8  It's something like 14x2 shots and with different exposures.  I used both Hugin and CS4 to produce the final image--don't ask me how...lol:

Insert caption here. If you do not edit this text it will be automatically removed.

I only wish that I would have captured a 3rd row of shots with a center value exposure on the sky and integraded it into this shot.  The hardest part with this shot was the long valley shadows on the peaks in the right side of the valley because it was late in the year.  This is a trimmed-down verision.  The 40MP version is on my SmugMug Page--"UNBELIEVABLE Clarity":  http://hikenhi.smugmug.com/Other/Yosemite-Valley-40MP-Panoramic/20361920_5TFbtb#!i=1610845111&k=dhBqV9j&lb=1&s=O

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow