Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
bcalkins
Regular MemberPosts: 354Gear list
Like?
Re: E5 / OM-D hybrid coming end 2013
In reply to s_grins, Dec 21, 2012

s_grins wrote:

I do not think it will be on-sensor PDAF

I think it will be adapter with PDAF, the type of SONY product for NEX, so 43 lenses owners could buy it and utilize their treasures.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

Why couldn't 4/3 lens owners use their treasures on a sensor based PDAF?  All three options (sensor based PDAF, fixed pellicle mirror, separate mirror module) would seem to work fine with the existing 4/3 lenses, only sensor based PDAF will allow BOTH 4/3 and micro 4/3 lenses to work on the same body due to it not requiring the mirror and longer register distance.  I can't imagine designing a new body that doesn't do sensor based given that it could allow both sets of lenses to be used - plus it would kind of explain Olympus's reluctance to produce fast zooms: they already have them ready and waiting!

bcalkins's gear list:bcalkins's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow