An essay on the RX1 & fotografie in general

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zarniwoop1985
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Re: Went through the same feeling with my RX100
In reply to DFPanno, Dec 20, 2012

DFPanno wrote:

I often feel somewhat inhibited about carrying the DSLR around my own town.

The RX100 allows me to be a photographer all the time without having to be a photographer all the time.

Does that make sense?

Good essay.

Makes perfect sense. Other people's perceptions of our equipment (or what we think are their perceptions of our equipment and therefore their perceptions of us) have a direct influence on how we see ourselves. For example, with the RX100 you won't feel like a 'photographer' per se - so you'll feel more comfortable. This level of comfort will then open up a whole load of creative opportunities. For example you won't be as self conscious with your camera - so you might take risks, do stuff you wouldn't normally do. You could sit on the pavement with your Rx100 and take shots of people walking by - and you'll feel comfortable doing it. And they'll hardly notice you - which is WHY you'll feel comfortable doing it.

Zarniwoop1985's gear list:Zarniwoop1985's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow