ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mkln
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Issues with Konica AR - Sony E adapters
Dec 20, 2012

Hi everybody.

I just wanted to know if any of you have the same problem I have with my adapters for Konica AR lenses. 
I now have a number of Konica lenses (cheap, small, good), but some of them don't seem to be able to focus at infinity with my adaptors:
- 24/2.8 infinity OK
- 40/1.8 infinity OK, but I'm not 100% sure
- 57/1.4 no infinity. it's very clear because it's plain OOF at large apertures and infinity focus
- 57/1.2 infinity OK (actually goes past infinity)
- 135/2.5 no infinity

now the situation with the 57/1.4 is particularly bad. the lens is rather good, I'd say it's just a tiny bit worse than the 1.2 at f/8 when not focusing at infinity

My question then is:

is it the lens? the 57/1.4 is apparently the oldest lens in the bunch (the only one with the silver ring), but then I remembered that the 135 is slightly off too (and it's probably the newest lens).

is it the adaptor? I have two of them... and I had bought the second one to see whether I could improve the situation with it. but no luck

if it is the adaptor, does anybody have any advice on which adaptor works best? I guess what I'm looking for here is a shorter adapter.

mkln's gear list:mkln's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow