D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
herbymel
Senior MemberPosts: 3,578Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 - some pictures and decisions to be made...
In reply to CarlosNunezUSA, Dec 20, 2012

CarlosNunezUSA wrote:

TOR8472 wrote:

I am tempted to move from D7000 to FF as well, but I am going to wait to see what the D400 brings before deciding.

However, I love ultrawide and shallow DOF. The thought that jumps out at me in looking at your posted photos are that you like telephoto and macro - the two types of shooting I can think of that would be a mistake/step backwards to switch to FF.

You are correct. I do a lot of Telephoto and Macro. I may keep my D7000 even after going FF just because it's lightweight and have more reach, but in the other hand DOF control is limiting my shots and I want to work more on ultra wide as weel.

One thing I would like to know more about is how well the D800 perfoms when using APS-C lenses. I haven't seen any good reviews about that.

Carlos
http://www.charlysworld.com

Mine has worked just fine for the amount that I've shot with the APS-C lenses, it'll automatically switch to DX mode if you like, which I'm sure you know...but with my tokina 12-24 I can use it on FX from 18mm on and still get good image quality. It's not going to be my solution forever, but it works pretty well for now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow